Yes, the move to online-only has meant a scramble to reorganize some things, but we’ve got our schedule ready. Moreover, Zoom has a great new events platform which will make this year’s convention run even more smoothly than last year’s! We’re really looking forward to seeing you this Saturday!
Meanwhile, here’s what you can expect on the day (all times are Pacific Standard Time):
- 8:00am – Morning Prayer from the Liturgy of the Hours
- 8:30am – Robert King and Megan Lorance: Duty and Morality in Epic Stories
- 9:30am – UPDATE*: Geek Out Panel: Join your fellow Doxaconners in a lightly moderated discussion of recent fan favorites in the light of the faith, including MCU (Loki, Eternals, Spider-Man), Star Trek and Star Wars, and other releases of the past year or so (The Expanse, Wheel of Time, Foundation, Raised by Wolves, etc.)
- 10:30am – Rose Achey: Bacta—The Future: A Nurse on the Ethics of Larger-Than-Life Medical Technology
- 11:30am – Lunch break with open discussion in the Event Lobby
- 12:30pm – Fr. Jacob Maurer: Keynote Address
- 1:30pm – Tim Brown: Prime Directives, Traditions, and Messy Realities: Exploring the Cardinal Virtues in Rules and Rebellions
- 2:30pm – Rev. Paul Schneider: The Bones Have Spoken! Love, Duty, and Faith: A Peck Teaches Us About Following Christ
- 3:30pm – Doxacon Planning Team: What We’re Up To (w/Dramatic Reading of the Collaborative Fiction Project!)
- 5:00pm – Closing
Don’t forget to get your membership ticket! This will give you full access to all our online content, including our Collaborative Story Project! See you on February 12!
* Unfortunately, Presv. Elizabeth Scott Tervo is not be able to present her talk on Edith Nesbit due to a cold (not Covid). She is hopping Time Portals seeking that time in the future when they will develop a cure for the common cold, but plans to return and present her talk at a Doxaday later this year. In the meantime, your prayers are always appreciated!